|Garden photo from Sunset Magazine|
Today’s bucket list item is lighter than yesterday’s, I promise. We own about 1/4 acre and have been working on landscaping it bit by bit. To learn more, check out these posts:
It’s About Thyme
Garden: Gearing Up
Garden: Sea Of Green
Here’s what it looks like today, a far cry from my #14.
|Captured from the best angle.|
|A more realistic view.|
|Prettiest tomato flower I’ve ever seen.|
|Pretty maids all in a row. Cucumbers.|
|Watermelons have the prettiest foliage, in my opinion.|
|Low water aroma garden flowers.|
|The aroma garden smells great. Imagine that.|
|We use flood irrigation to water our lawn weekly, but because of a gate we weren’t able to berm all the way around the yard. Now we have a chain of sandbags. Not exactly Sunset worthy. Next time I’ll figure out how to install a french drain.|
|View from the hammock.|
|Climbing on the sand box, making eyes at Misty.|
|Talking on the phone with Grandma Teri, and sitting on Olive.|
|My motivation for making the backyard livable.
He likes it, he really really likes it!
- Travel to 6 of the 7 continents. Let’s be honest, Antarctica is a long shot. So far I’ve been to North America (Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica) and Europe (France).
- Spend time practicing yoga at an ashram in India, with my brother.
- Join a choral group and sing with them regularly.
- Tour all 50 states in an RV.
- Visit Monet’s Gardens at Giverny.
- Take ballroom dancing classes so I can ballroom dance for fun.
- Travel to a far away destination by boat.
- To be exceedingly generous to my family and friends.
- Write a book.
- Complete all three courses designed by BKS Iyengar in his book Light On Yoga, over the prescribed 300 weeks (5.7 years).
- Go hang gliding.
- Catch a baby being born.
- Champion a cause – out of hospital midwife assisted birth.
- Have a garden worthy of a Sunset Magazine photo shoot.